Thread: FTP tutorial

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FTP tutorial

Does anybody know where I can read up on how to create a FTP page?
  3. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    Create WHO? ftp, like name implies, is a protocol, you do not create pages for it. If you meant how to use php for working with ftp, ask here I'll probably be able to answer all your questions on that topic, since few months ago I have done quite large project (mostly in perl but some php) making sort of on-line ftp client.
    And you know I mean that.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally posted by AlCapone
    Create WHO? ftp, like name implies, is a protocol, you do not create pages for it. If you meant how to use php for working with ftp, ask here I'll probably be able to answer all your questions on that topic, since few months ago I have done quite large project (mostly in perl but some php) making sort of on-line ftp client.
    Ok here goes, a friend as asked me to create a PHP website for people to go to and get help with storys or poems of which they have written.

One of the features of the new website will let the users add there storys in two different ways.

One way of which I know how to is to use forms of which will b pretty easy to do.

But the other way that I would like to use will b letting them up load the file to the server where the information from it will b processed and added to a mysql database back end.

As I have not done anything with FTP I was just wondering what kind of options and mayb additional features of which I have got with it.
  7. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    I fail to see why do you want to use ftp for that, though. PHP's manual covers file uploading in great detail, and it all goes thru usual http post.
    And you know I mean that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo