Thread: Need Help!!!

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need Help!!!

Hi
    I am working on a website i.e. capellahouse.co.za for the Google analytic, webmaster, bing wabmaster and alexa site verification's. I do have FTP details of this website but I don't have much of experience in FTP work. So can you please help me that where to place the alexa, bing webmaster and webmaster html file in server. Some one told me that we should place it under the public_html directory. Is it okay with this or if you have good knowledge then please tell me that where should I place them for in FTP for website verification's.
    Thanks a ton in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by deepak.thakur
    Hi
    I am working on a website i.e. capellahouse.co.za for the Google analytic, webmaster, bing wabmaster and alexa site verification's. I do have FTP details of this website but I don't have much of experience in FTP work. So can you please help me that where to place the alexa, bing webmaster and webmaster html file in server. Some one told me that we should place it under the public_html directory. Is it okay with this or if you have good knowledge then please tell me that where should I place them for in FTP for website verification's.
    Thanks a ton in advance
    Whoever told you to put it under the public_html directory is right (for almost every host). A better answer is that it should be posted in your www root folder (which happens to be called public_html on most hosts). Note that there are also other methods of verification if you have trouble with this.

Also - uploading the file to the wrong folder isn't necessarily going to hurt anything, the verification simply won't work and you'll know it isn't the right folder.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo