Hey guys/gals,

I've got a question. I've installed ProFTPd 1.2.4 with mod_sql. I've gotten ProFTPd to authenticate using a MySQL database, however I'm having trouble getting some of the mysql parts to do what I would expect them do. This probably isn't the best place to post this question, but I'm hoping one of you mySQL guru's is running proftpd and MySQL.

I've created a user called 'tester' and following the instructions for creating the usertable and grouptable in mySQL I've got:

userid: tester
uid: 500
gid: 102
passwd: *******
shell: /bin/bash
homdir: /ftp
count:

When I log in as 'tester' I get an error message in /var/log/messages that there is no GID = '102' Well GID 102 is the group "ftp" in /etc/group

What I want to happen is to be able to limit users to certain directory tree's. I want to be able to set default root to /ftp for certain users. I don't want them being able to 'look around' basically.

Currently with PAM I can set up groups that have certain default roots, (i.e ftp group sees /ftp as / ) I just want to duplicate this.

My second problem is that when I set SQLAuthoritative to "off" I get a signal 11. The reason I would set this to off would be so that I can use mySQL AND PAM for auth.

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Dallace