1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pureftpd quota limits

ok guys so ive got pureftpd set up on my centos system using the mysql control settings for users, i was just wondering how a couple of things work and if they will work how i want them to

a user has their main home dir for example

/home/test <-- this is limited to 50MB

another user has a home dir of

/home/test/user2 <-- limited to 50MB

i was wondering if the user with home dir /home/test could put say 40MB within their home dir and then the user within /home/test/user2 would be limited to the rest of the allowance?

currently i ahve a main user account and all users under that, the maina ccount is limited to 1GB and so is everyone below but i need the total for the main folder to stop allowing everyone to upload once the limit of 1gb is hit, with this work or does each folder have set limits so say if the user with folder /home/test/user2 uploaded 40MB then the user at /home/test uploaded 10mb the user with /home/test wouldnt be able to upload more but the user with /home/test/user2 could still upload another 10mb

sorry if thats badly explained

Regards,
    Jamie
  3. They're coming to take me away

I think I understand...

Let's say /home/test contains
    /home/test/user2
    /home/test/user3
    /home/test/user4

If /home/test has a quota limit of 1GB, then all /home/test/user# accounts can't go over that combined. If user2 had 600mb, user3 had 300, and user 4 had 100, then the quota would be maxed out and no one else could upload anything. if /home/test had 800MB, then the /home/test/user# accounts could not go over 200MB combined.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

thank you ive set it uo foir my brother and my dad so they can store files on my pc but i dont want them using over say 10gb on my drive in rubbish but the 10gb was split over the entire folder incase i wanted to add in more accounts

thanx for clearing that up for me

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo