1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question How to remotely FTP data to individual fields of MySQL database?

I have an embedded microcontroller with an iWiFI application that permits me to FTP data to a website via the internet. What I want to do is to FTP specific data items to specific fields in a remote MySQL database I have set up on a website. I currently do this by FTPing each of the data elements to separate .txt files on the website, but this then requires someone to login and refresh the webpage so that its .php file will run and read the new data values from the files to their respective fields in the database.
    I want a more direct way of doing this so that the webpage doesn't have to be refreshed to execute the .php script that reads the .txt files into their database fields.
    Can anyone advise me how to do this.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You can use a CRON job or scheduled task to automatically run your PHP script on a regular basis.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    You can use a CRON job or scheduled task to automatically run your PHP script on a regular basis.
    Thanks! I installed a cron job and will evaluate this as a solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo