1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cool Setting up a Site

Hello and thanks for checking this out, I am actually in need of some information. I am trying to get my site live, and I happen to be running into some problems that you might be able to help me with. I'm having trouble finding the right information, but before that let me give a systems analysis so you know where my problem lies. Here is what I'm working with:

A happy go lucky do it yourself-er,
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00Ghz w/ 2.00GB Ram
    300GB SATA HDD w/ 3 100GB Partitions
    Windows Vista Enterprise (64bit) Service Pack 2
    Norton AntiVirus 2010
    Belkin N1 Wireless Router
    Belkin Surf & Share Wireless N300 USB Adapter
    Mozilla Firefox Browser 3.6.8

FileZilla FTP Server/Interface/Client

Adobe CS5 Design Premium
    *Constructed Html Site w/ PNG32.

**a separate internet paid connection.

SO you know I have the tools:

... but do not know exactly how to do this. The site has all the files and connections built in, to the Html file to find other html files/Pictures that are part of the site.

I have gotten acquainted with FileZilla Settings, and Mozilla as well.

I need the following:

1. How do I set up the server, so it is stable, able to view, use, and change my site as I need to, and it has the capacity to broadcast my Site daily 24/7 both locally and remotely.

2.How do I arrange the Site so it is easily located by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines, as well as how do I arrange the files in the server so that it has the standard Architecture that those search engines are looking for in their Algorithms.

3. How to find my site, Once it is live to be able to show it to my friends, family and fellow computer peeps.

Hey thanks so much for your help I'll let you know how this turns out.

p.s.: Para todos os Brasileiros que passam por aqui muito Obrigado por a sua Ajuda. Tchau.(The Brasilian PC geek)
  3. They're coming to take me away

Please do NOT post the same question again. Someone will assist if and when they can, so just be patient.

1. How do I set up the server, so it is stable, able to view, use, and change my site as I need to, and it has the capacity to broadcast my Site daily 24/7 both locally and remotely.
    I'm assuming you want a web server set up although this was posted in the FTP section... To set up a web server, you need something like Apache or IIS if you are going to host this yourself. There are other options such as dedicated or shared servers.

As for 24/7 broadcast, if it's a home server, it's harder because there are variables such as power outages that could affect this.

2.How do I arrange the Site so it is easily located by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines, as well as how do I arrange the files in the server so that it has the standard Architecture that those search engines are looking for in their Algorithms.
    For this, you may want to ask in the SEO section, but you can submit your site to the various search engines.

3. How to find my site, Once it is live to be able to show it to my friends, family and fellow computer peeps.
    You can do this by a domain name or IP address. Basically, once the sever is set up and running, you can give out your IP address to the server. If you have a domain name, then you can assign the domain name to the IP address. You can set up your own DNS server or use a 3rd party site to handle your DNS.
    Last edited by hiker; August 12th, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo