1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Synchronization and Encyrption over sFTP Client Needed

Hi,
    I have data on a windows box that I want to synchronize in an encrypted format to my backup server. I am using sFTP for the transfer.

It seems that all of the packages I've looked at (including SyncBackPro and SuperFlexibleFileSyncronizer) can encrypt the file ok, but will store the file in a plaintext .zip extension. So while it will encrypt filename.txt, it will store it on the backup server as something like: 34493043filename.txt.zip.

What I'm really looking for is a program that can encrypt this filename. I've seen program that will do this (something as simple as comodo backup can store encrypted file names) but none of these programs can synchronize.

If anyone has a program that can handle synchronizing with encrpytion or has a solution that can achieve this goal, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

transfer & encryption

Look into using JSCAPE Secure FTP Server. Once you transfer the file using SFTP you can encrypt it using PGP, hence the file will be stored in encrypted form on the server itself. This is made possible by using 'Triggers / Actions' which are unique to JSCAPE server, please refer to the following for more info.

PGP Encryption
    Triggers / Actions

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo