1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Uploading multiple files using ftp_put?

Is it possible to uplodad multiple files to the ftp server using ftp_put? If yes how can it be done. Example would be greatly appreciated.
  3. // no comment
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

do you mean uploading multiple files in one calling of the ftp_put function? i dont believe that's possible; you have to do a loop to upload multiple files.
  5. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    There is no support for multithreadness in php, so no you cannot upload several files simultaneously.
    And you know I mean that.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Designer

I think you can actually buffer the files and upload in pieces no matter wich file it is. Will take some good coding thouhg and multi threadness isn't supported. But u knew that already
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Lightbulb

Thank you for all your replys. Can somebody post an example that will show how I can loop through ftp_put to upload multiple files.

Ultimately what I want to achieve, is create a web ftp client that will funtion similar to Cute FTP or WS_FTP clients where user can see files in his/her local dirrectory on the left side of the screen, and contents of the ftp site on the right. The listing of files can be achieved by populating dropdown box that allows multiple selections. NOW. How do I select files and send them to the romote ftp site via ftp_put? Any ideas?
  11. Mobbing Gangster

Newsflash - neither cutie nor ws upload files simultaneously, you jsut queue them and they get uploaded when time comes.

Instead of select multiple I would use checkbox by each filename and then from your scripts just go thru array with selected files and upload them.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Angry

I just realized that my whole idea is not possible, unless you guys know the other way. How can I get the list of files from the directory located locally on the user's machine? I don't think PHP or Javascript can't do it. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Sharapov; October 3rd, 2002 at 01:32 PM.
  15. Mobbing Gangster

>How can I get the list of files from the directory located locally on the user's machine?
    You can't
  17. // no comment
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

>How can I get the list of files from the directory located locally on the user's machine?

that would be a serious breach of security, the only way for you to get a file from a user's machine is if the user uploads it through a file form.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo