February 15th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Zero Size Files When I FTP
I hope someone can help. I believe it was quite a few months back when my FTP (filezilla) started playing up. When I uploaded files, they would be zero size on the server. Occasionally it would work. I thought it was the server I was using so used the server admin console instead. This is where it gets wierd. I needed to do some FTPing onto a different server so ...
1. I found filezilla would not FTP to any server correctly (file size zero on server). I tried three different servers (hosting providers).
2. I downloaded Coffeecup FTP and it worked first, second & third time. After that exactly the same problem!
3. I went into MSDOS and done command line ftp from there. Same problem!
4. Repeated above with firewall and virus checker switched off. No difference.
5. Next day tried again. Filezilla uploaded 1 file OK before problem occured again. Same zero size file problem with the other ftps also?
6. HTTP FTP using net2ftp works fine. This is what I have been using to get my files across.
7. SKY technical help categorically say that its nothing to do with them.
Can anyone shed any light on this please. FTP from my PC may work for one or two files (regardless of ftp client and active/passive mode) and then all subsequent files upload as zero size.
August 2nd, 2011, 08:49 AM
FTP file size is zero!
I was wondering... were you able to find an answer to your dilemma? I am experiencing same problem... but it is only to a specific FTP address that my client has set up.
September 19th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Zero File Size
If you get an answer, please let me know. I have the same problem.