1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am working on a content management system that will use PHP/MySQL as the backend.

All I need to do is upload a file (Text/HTML) to an arbitrary remote server (given the username and password). I cant figure out how to do this.

I tried using fopen("ftp://user ***@host.com/file.txt","w") but I keep getting 'transport endpoint not connected' errors.

I am trying to write my own FTP implementation functions using fsockopen() but FTP uses two ports (21/20) and its really really complicated, unlike HTTP or other simple protocols. But with no luck.

I don't care how I do it, I just need to upload a file to another server. One way FTP. Thats all.

I plan to evenutally distribute the system, so assume that I must use PHP3 with standard installation settings. Also assume that I can not use the built in ftp_ commands that come with PHP4 or can be specially compiled into PHP3.

Please. Can anyone help me? I have been searching the web, reading RFCs, posting to BBSs, and no one seems to have an answer for me.
  3. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    Are you trying to FTP upload from the web? Do you want to go for Perl with perl modules instead?
    If so, get libnet at http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modul...-1.0703.tar.gz

FTP.pm is what you would need to use.
    Readme file at http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modul...-1.0703.readme
  5. No Profile Picture

No. I need to use PHP3 to accomplish the transfer via FTP. So perl (or any other program/language) isnt an option.

The file is on a webserver (the one that I will be programming the backend), and it needs to FTP a file on that server to some other arbitrary server on the net (given a username and password).

Basically the user can hit a "Publish" button, and it FTPs a HTML file to another server.