1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Connection closed by remote host on "PUT"

Hi All,

In our project, we need to transfer some files from our system to a state DMV and we have opened up firewalls to transfer the files over port 991. However, when we attempt to transfer the files, on the command "PUT" or "ls", we see that transmission is failing with an message "Connection closed by Remote Host". When we contacted DMV, they say that we are issues "RST" command which is ideally closing the connection. But we are not issuing any "RST" command and we have confirmed from our Firewalls and server logs that no "RST" command is being issued. But everytime we say "put", connection is lost. The issue is quite annoying and we need to get this fixed at the earliest. Any advice on how to prevent this "RST" from being issued or any other way to do the transmission is highly appreciated. I have attempted to do manual transmission by invoking ftp commands from command prompt but the results are same.

By the way we are using standard FTP client that ships with Windows Server 2003.

Our script would be something like

open <<HostName/IP Address>> 991
    <<UserName>>
    <<Password>>
    ascii
    quote site cyl primary=100 secondary=200 recfm=fb lrecl=380 blksize=27740 trailingblanks=true
    QUOTE PASV
    PUT <<FileName>>
    status
    close
    quit
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Use another client program

Attempt to use another client program. e.g. FileZilla. Enable verbose logging in FileZilla by going to Edit -> Settings -> Debug and selecting "4 - Debug". Connect again to the server and post the entire response from the FileZilla GUI here.

I don't think it is the RST, I maybe wrong but I thing the server is abnormally dropping the connection.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo