1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mad things happening here!

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me.

I've been working away building this website for the last few weeks. The site is done, and it looks fine. I have a .css code running through it too, and everything looks fine in the browser (before anything is uploaded).

Once I've uploaded the files to the server (i'm using SmartFTP for this, if anyone is wondering) and once the site goes live, 2 of the 4 images which are embedded in the css code are missing. These images are used as small, thin banners, and the site looks stupid without them. I've studied the code, and trawled through the internet looking for the problem, but I can't find anything at all to help me!

Basically, I just dont understand why the site looks fine in the browser before its uploaded, but after it goes up (yes, all the files are definetly up there) some of the images vanish, while some others remain...

Any help would be great!
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by deco1610
    Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me.

I've been working away building this website for the last few weeks. The site is done, and it looks fine. I have a .css code running through it too, and everything looks fine in the browser (before anything is uploaded).

Once I've uploaded the files to the server (i'm using SmartFTP for this, if anyone is wondering) and once the site goes live, 2 of the 4 images which are embedded in the css code are missing. These images are used as small, thin banners, and the site looks stupid without them. I've studied the code, and trawled through the internet looking for the problem, but I can't find anything at all to help me!

Basically, I just dont understand why the site looks fine in the browser before its uploaded, but after it goes up (yes, all the files are definetly up there) some of the images vanish, while some others remain...

Any help would be great!
    Can you post a link to the site?
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo