February 22nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
227 Entering to Passive Mode error
I am trying to configure our old windows 2003 server as FTP server for big files uploading and downloading. So I installed IIS 6 and configured user permission accordingly. But when connecting my ftp server from home, I got 227 entering to passive mode error prompted. So I have remove IIS and install Filezilla server in it. This time I got 530 SSL required. Anything wrong with my FTP? I just need to connecting ftp with simple way as no SSL is required.
February 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Please try to use Filezilla and you can follow this steps:
1. Open Filezilla
2. Make sure you have input the RIGHT host, username, password, and port.
3. Go to Edit —> Settings
4. Click on connection —-> FTP —-> then choose ACTIVE
5. Click on Connection —-> FTP —-> Active Mode: Select “Ask your operating system for the external IP address”
6. Click on Connection —-> FTP —-> Passive Mode: Choose Fall Back to Active Mode
7. The last step —-> click OK
Please let me know if you have any problem.
Best in Windows
99.9% Uptime Guarantee|24/7/365 Technical Support
"Do good things, and good things will come to you”
February 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hi everyone* It absolutely agree with the previous message