1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

How to Automate FTP from Client to Server

Hello, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I run a template based website for 100 auto repair shops in the United States. Each of my clients uses one of 5 shop software systems to manage their business, such as AllData, Mitchell, etc. These systems all back up my clients' data each night, such as customer information, work orders, etc.

What I need is a way to install and/or configure my clients' computers that will upload their backup file to my server where I can then process it.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Today the world, tomorrow the universe...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Would this work for you?
    Do a search for Auto FTP Manager. It might be what you're looking for.

Originally Posted by thall89553
    Hello, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I run a template based website for 100 auto repair shops in the United States. Each of my clients uses one of 5 shop software systems to manage their business, such as AllData, Mitchell, etc. These systems all back up my clients' data each night, such as customer information, work orders, etc.

What I need is a way to install and/or configure my clients' computers that will upload their backup file to my server where I can then process it.

Any help would be appreciated!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by btvbill
    Would this work for you?
    Do a search for Auto FTP Manager. It might be what you're looking for.
    Thanks, since posting this thread a friend told me about VNC which seems to be pretty popular. Have you heard of VNC and is it similar or the same as auto ftp manager?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mft

Managed File Transfer solutions were actually made for these problems, and it is often referred to as FTP Replacement. Being able to 'manage' file transfers means you can send automatically between applications on timed or event triggered schedules or you can send files of any size as regular emails, integrating with Outlook or other email clients. One provider is Thru, Inc
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by nxb3942
    Managed File Transfer solutions were actually made for these problems, and it is often referred to as FTP Replacement. Being able to 'manage' file transfers means you can send automatically between applications on timed or event triggered schedules or you can send files of any size as regular emails, integrating with Outlook or other email clients. One provider is Thru, Inc
    Thank you for putting on the right path!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo