1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Suggestion for ftp like problem?

Hi

The problem is not an ftp problem but it is somehow similar, I try to explain it:

I have found a website, the name probably not important, it's like example.com. If I open the website from Opera Browser for example, I get an "Index of /" directory with several folders and files and I can navigate and download files. The problem is the high number of files so it's quite hard the download them by hand. I tried some ftp clients with the website as host, but the site requires a login and I couldn't get in. However from the browser I can access the site listing and all seems to be completely public. I also tried telnet access, but no luck.

Can you recommend a tool so I can download the site automatically (assuming that it's a kind of directory listing)?

Thanks,

Imre
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Firefox has various plugins that will allow you to select a bunch of links and download them all. I think one of them is called DownThemAll.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi

I had no luck with DownThemAll, somehow it couldn't complete the website what I wanted. Thanks anyway. The solution I found is VisualWget with --recursive option checked.

Imre

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo