1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Public and Private folders

Can anyone show me a good tutorial on FTP? I have made an ftp folder and given everyone read access. Inside of this folder are two subfolders. One private and one public. I have selected both basic and anonymous access. However, when I connect via ftp in IE, I automatically get connected. Yes, I do get denied access into the private folder, but nothing prompts me to put in a user name and password to get to that folder.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Disregard

I used Filezilla, upgraded my FTP to 7 and all my issues disappears. No, I still could not use the Put from the command line, and IE wouldn't allow me to change from Basic to anonymous, but Filezilla allowed everything.

Originally Posted by jansentina
    Can anyone show me a good tutorial on FTP? I have made an ftp folder and given everyone read access. Inside of this folder are two subfolders. One private and one public. I have selected both basic and anonymous access. However, when I connect via ftp in IE, I automatically get connected. Yes, I do get denied access into the private folder, but nothing prompts me to put in a user name and password to get to that folder.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo