1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Want to build a game

Ok, first of all I would like to say hello to everyone as I am new to the Dev Shed forums

And now to the main point of this thread...

I would really like to build a game like knightfight (knightfight.co.uk). It is a browser based game, and I have been playing it few years ago. I have lots of ideas for the game and everything, I am just not too sure how would I do it.

I do know some HTML, CSS, PHP and MySql, but not a whole lot. My question is, what languages have been used for a game like knightfight, and how hard would it be to build one like it?

Thanks
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Looks like they use PHP.

How hard it will be depend at your experience and the complexity you want to put into it.
    You have to find out what the player can do (e.g. build, research, upgrade) and how players can interact with each other (e.g. trade, diplomatic, war).

If you want something time based, you will also have to look at something called cronjob (/task schedule)

and then there is the need to find a design/layout for the site.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by MrFujin
    Looks like they use PHP.

How hard it will be depend at your experience and the complexity you want to put into it.
    You have to find out what the player can do (e.g. build, research, upgrade) and how players can interact with each other (e.g. trade, diplomatic, war).

If you want something time based, you will also have to look at something called cronjob (/task schedule)

and then there is the need to find a design/layout for the site.
    Hello and thanks for your time

I am not very experienced with PHP, but I do know some. For start players would be able to boost their stats, upgrade their castle, attack other players. There will also be many time based actions available.
  7. No Profile Picture

hi gamin

You can prefer a PHP because.Its a nice language comparing to the all other language You can also try many innovation from this type of language

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo