1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Career based questions

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions on the subject of working as a game developer.

The first one is:

What motivates you at work?

The second one is:

Which casual games developer would you like to work for and why?

The third one is:

And what things do you want to see on a careers website?

And the final question is:

If a prospective employer was to test your coding skills on their career site, what would be the best way you could show them what you can do?

Any answers would be much appreciated!

Many thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What motivates me at work is a series of things... Number one would be seeing the project I'm working on grow and develop over time. Number two would be the satisfaction of the finished product and seeing consumers enjoy it. And number three, the prospect of getting ahead in the company. Such as raises, promotions, or bonuses. Incentives are always great motivation.

My dream is to work for NatsumeUSA because I've grown up with their games since I was a child and have watched their company over the years. Seems like an enjoyable place to work. Otherwise, I'd like to work for any company in my particular genre of gaming interests.

On a careers website? I suppose information about different careers within different industries (animation, modeling, programming, concept art, etc within the game industry), pay grade per location, places hiring by location, schools that offer the programs you need to get ahead in that particular field or career, knowledge you would need to have for that career, and maybe interviews from people who work in that field or career already.

Prospective employer testing abilities... My current job had a great way to do that. They simulated what you would need to do on the job and you had to basically do what you would need to do on the job and sent it to them so they could see your proficiencies within the position. It was basically as if you would legitimately already have the job and were working a regular day, but as a simulation so they could make sure you had the skills to handle it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo