1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can you convert rpg maker xp/vx game to be an online game?

can you convert rpg maker xp/vx game to be an online game?

um, can you just riff things from it and make it something?

or learning codes is really really important.

sorry i'm a noob.////
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I donít know truly if RPG Maker can add in network or even multiplayer capabilities, but from superficial impressions, as well as my limited recollection of using a past RPG Maker version, I would say no, not one bit.

But in general, you canít just take a game, and say, presto, make it online multiplayer. There may be attempts out there to give tools to people to make multiplayer games. But for anything that doesnít cost unbelievable sums of money, you have to learn to program yourself.

So, short answer, you need to learn to program.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I've researched this years ago while learning actionscript programming for Flash MX which was through Macromedia and now through Adobe, anyway the answer is a confirmed no but I have seen some websites that allow RPG Maker created games to be distributed and shared online. Unfortunately mulitplayer networking is not supported.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo