Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Games development

After repeatedly trying to drive me insane by limiting the number of demos given out to people who signed up on their website, Eidetic is finally bothering to release the Kane & Lynch 2 demo to the public. I am not entirely sure what their plan was with this one; were they thinking they would build positive buzz around the game by handing out what appears to be a couple hundred free.

For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options.
  3. Contributing User

Originally Posted by jack0123
    Kane & Lynch 2 demo
    Start your own thread, man..
  5. No Profile Picture

Converting SketchUp to 3DS!

You can also translate SketchUp to 3DS, using Babel3D, an online file translation service.

I am the Product Manager of the website, and would also like to hear your feedback about the service.

We also support Rhino 3DM, 3DS, STEP, IGES, DXF & DWG (3D only) as input formats and (right now) can only export to 3DS, OBJ & XAML.

Thanks!
    -Sid.
  7. No Profile Picture

Sketchup question

Hey PaulsCode,

The procedure you outlined for converting Sketchup files to 3DS... can that be done on the FREE version of Sketchup? Because I didn't notice the option to export in "Google Earth 4"...just Google Earth .kmz.

Thanks for your input!
    Bob
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by BobDevShed77
    Hey PaulsCode,

The procedure you outlined for converting Sketchup files to 3DS... can that be done on the FREE version of Sketchup? Because I didn't notice the option to export in "Google Earth 4"...just Google Earth .kmz.

Thanks for your input!
    Bob
    This guide is a bit outdated. That option was in earlier free versions of Sketchup available when I originally wrote the guide. The latest free version of Sketchup lets you export in the Collada format (.dae), so you can skip the steps about exporting as Google Earth 4 .kmz, changing to .zip, and pulling out the .dae. Just export to .dae directly. Also, I would recommend using the free Blender software with Collada importer and 3DS exporter to do the conversion directly, rather than using the .fbx converter option, because someone on here pointed out that the .fbx converter is free because it contains spyware.
  11. No Profile Picture

Sketchup to 3DS Max

Getting sketchup into 3ds max is very tricky, but when mastered, is a key skill for a designer. I personally use the method of exporting the sketchup model as a .3ds file using Sketchup Pro and then import this file into 3ds max. I wrote a tutorial about it on the Kropped tutorial section to help others that also found this process hard. The tutorial shows all the options I use too, which can be very important to the success of the export. I hope this helps.
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo