Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

couold you send me the codes for rs and mabey rs2?

i really want to learn how to make a game like this
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by joeman032000
    couold you send me the codes for rs and mabey rs2?

i really want to learn how to make a game like this
    He doesn't really have the code to those games. Either that or he doesn't know what JavaScript really is. In order to get the Java class files, Java jar files, and whatever else may be included, you will need to load Runescape in your browser (the game, not just the website). When you see that red bar going across the screen and under it there is a description of what it is currently doing, Java files are being transfered to your computer. I once knew where they were transfered to in a Windows environment, I no longer know where they are put. I'm pretty sure it was in your WINDOWS directory something, possibly even in the system32 directory. It may also be possible to manipulate the Java Runtime tools on your computer in order to aide you in your quest for obtaining the code to the game.

You will need some kind of a Java decompiler in order to retrieve the code for the game. Looking at the code will not help you understand anything at all. It will cause you to become even more confused that you were when you first began. It would also be too difficult to follow. Also, keep in mind that the code you do have access to is only the client code. All of the server code is located on Runescape servers and you have absolutely no method of obtaining it.
  5. No Profile Picture

i know ther is a way as there is private servers that have all of the game code that people play. they are in no way actaully conected to the actual game servers so what you do in there doesnt affect the actual game. I just want to have to decompilied files and all of the .jag files for runescape classic to see how it was made and how the graphics are made and what programs i could use to make a similar game
  7. Contributing User

i know ther is a way as there is private servers that have all of the game code that people play. they are in no way actaully conected to the actual game servers so what you do in there doesnt affect the actual game. I just want to have to decompilied files and all of the .jag files for runescape classic to see how it was made and how the graphics are made and what programs i could use to make a similar game
    You can get the Runescape Classic files via the same way as you can with Runescape 2.

Those private servers are separate implementations of the Runescape server. Someone retrieved the code to the client and then wrote code for a server that simply corresponded with it. They couldn't get the actual server code and they don't need it anyways. Looking at those Java files will NOT help you at all. No offense, but I already know that you have no clue whatsoever as to how any of this works. By looking at a highly advanced system's code you will only become more confused and less will make sense and in the end you will probably resort to "source ripping" as many have in the past. I explained this in my previous post; read it and do not be ignorant.

I'm sure there is probably some copyright pertaining to the use of their code. If you were to write a "similar game" to that of Runescape, problems could arise and I know you wouldn't want to be involved in that.
  9. No Profile Picture

i already have some knowledge of java. I just want to see how the connected each file through the client to each user and how it is saved and much more. Is that too much to ask? I dont want another lecture on ethics or what i wont be able to understand because you dont actually know me. I just wanted to learn some more about this game. So if anybody has these files decompiled plese let me know.
  11. Contributing User

i already have some knowledge of java. I just want to see how the connected each file through the client to each user and how it is saved and much more. Is that too much to ask? I dont want another lecture on ethics or what i wont be able to understand because you dont actually know me. I just wanted to learn some more about this game. So if anybody has these files decompiled plese let me know.
    Good luck. You won't get anywhere with that method.
  13. Kage Bunshin
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

@mr.mofo: hit the 'scale' at the top right next time, people appreciate that ;-)
    @marapets: yup, its a very competitive market!
    @muffin man: Welcome to devshed. Also, where did you find the code?
    "Java makes impossible things possible, but makes easy things difficult." - Somebody
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

go to one of the runescape private server sites. Download client + server source code and start coding. You will accomplish the same game as jagex did
    Limits are ideas!
  17. No Profile Picture

The fact that (Correct me if I'm wrong) RuneScape Classic/RuneScape is probably the only full-fledged MMORPG to be built with Java then that rises the question? Will you be able to create something on par with RSC?
    You'd have to admit, RuneScape Classic is old school now and new and advanced games have made this design obsolete. Judging from the limits of Java, this sort of game can be done in other languages too and possibly easier, like C++.

~Madow
  19. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

Sorry to bump an old thread guys...

In the runescape classic private side of things I have extensive information and highly developed sources available. If you would like to get in contact with me my msn is m.jharris(at) hotmail and we can discuss this further...
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo