1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow How to emmbed engine in a game?? Using C++ and 3DMax

I really want to know how can you embbed a game engine in your FPS or any other type of game. Cause without the ragdoll effect almost every single FPS is garbage. When having the ragdoll effect it just gets that filling like in "Painkiller" if anyone played it. I want to use Havok engine from my perspective Havok is exacly same engine as Reactor which is powered by Havok.

But how can you include all those beautiful effects in you game.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

An engine is just prewritten code and a framework for using that code. Read the library documentation to see how it should be used. I presume you are actually a capable programmer, because if you arenít there isnít any clear way to explain how we use all these engines and libraries of code.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ya I know. But where are the tutorials to do that kind of stuff.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by bingobeawr
    But where are the tutorials to do that kind of stuff.
    I just mentioned, you need to read the documentation for whatever library you are using. Reading documentation and experimentation on your own is how we all do it.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo