Thread: Game making

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Im already thinking about that.. but when I took simple game and install it on my PC there always show up some unknow(for me) file format..

So? Could you suggest me some project..?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Have you actually tried to learn programming? Have you picked a language, and seriously tried to learn it for at least 1 week? 2 weeks?

You need to learn programming. No buts. No ifs. No "here's another way". Pick a language, any language will do. Python and Ruby are good languages to start with. C# and Java are also acceptable beginner choices. Google them. Read about them on wikipedia. Pick one. Learn it for a week. Get a feel for what programming is like.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thats would be nothing.. I already choosen JAVA, but how to get see what you have done!

I mean whats the point to write that all in notepad if you dont see what you gain..

Or better question: How can I get to see what I have made??

P.S. It the reason why Im not learning it.. cuz I dont understand how it works!! All other is easy..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

but how to get see what you have done!
    Once you have the code, compile it and then run it.

I mean whats the point to write that all in notepad if you dont see what you gain..
    First, notepad is a terrible plain text editor. Either use an IDE like Eclipse or a get a significantly better editor like Notepad++ or JEdit or UltraEdit or something. Next, if you don't know how to compile your code, the wrong thing to do is to complain about Java. The correct thing is to figure out using Google and after that forums such as these, what exactly to do with your code.

Or better question: How can I get to see what I have made??
    Yeah, see, you probably should have asked that first. First you should consult Google. Even if you don't get the answer, you might narrow down your problem. For example, with Google and a few clicks, you get to: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...ava/win32.html. You can see that the steps include writing the code, compiling the code, and then running it. So a bit of thinking and you might realize that while you can write code, you have no idea how to compile it. Except, Google, and tutorials also show you how to compile the code. That URL itself has instructions.

If you still have trouble, post on the Java forum, detailing your issue, the steps you took (including what you Googled), and why it failed (what made you ask a question on the forums).

Comments on this post

• gonefishing agrees : Oler1s should be commended for his hard work in trying to help this person, even with a communication boundary.
    • Ramihg agrees
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo