Thread: Game making

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Game making

Hi, it may sound totally newbie but I don't care!
    I have dream.. to make strategic game which would be installable and playable with internet connection straight with other peoples!

My knowledges - NONE, I only know about that there is many coding langs.. like c+. c++, JAVA, flash etc.

My motivation - I really like strategical games and Im playing online game.. but it takes too much time!! My vision is to make game.. which would not be real time.. or it wouldn't be real time for half year.. or longer!!

What I have learned for now? - Nothing!! Yeah.. I could start to code some codes, but I don't know how to make some code wroten in notepad looks visual able..?

I mean that I have graphic pack.. but I dont know how it put together and than make it work!! Anyway Im searching for one peoples who know how to do it!

I will not pay for it to that person, but you can take all rights to game and make it sold able in market.

Trust me idea is good!
  3. Crushing a million faces

You can't make a game if you can't program. And you won't be able find anyone to give you code for free. Even if someone does write a game, why would they share the sourcecode wth you?

Basically, you're idea is already dead in the water. You should learn a programming language, and once you become fluent in the language you should start an open source project.
    Last edited by Death Goddess; December 21st, 2007 at 05:40 PM.
    Baby soft, because its made from real babies.
  5. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Either get some programming skills of a few $mil. One or the other. No middle ground.
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  7. Type Cast Exception

Better start with tic-tac-toe or another easily implemented game. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm not ridiculing, I'm serious.

Comments on this post

• Death Goddess agrees : After he makes a tic-tac-toe, he can move straight to making his own Halo clone :)
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  9. No Profile Picture

Well, Im not asking source code for free.. Im also not ask to make it in my place!! I just offer real idea, plus graphic and maybe sound package.. which needs only coding skills and person who put that all together..

what I want from that? ->> Only to be able play it fully! I dont need any copyrights or money to earn.. I just want to play it!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Yes, but are you going to pay serious cash to the person who makes the game? You do realize that games take a lot of effort and time to make.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
  13. No Profile Picture

Yup I know.. but this game should be serious job, but it would be very huge playable..

And I have to pay if I want keep copyrights, but I dont!

[b]Im just offer good idea to strategy game, exchange that I can play it!
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Let me give you an example. It's like saying to a house builder, build a house, I just want to see what my design of a good house looks like! You can keep the house if you want.

Well, thanks, but it's going to take time, and hey, the people who build the house need money to live on.

Unless your name happens to be Will Wright, people will ignore you, just like they ignore countless other people like you, who say "I have a great idea for a game". They just will ignore you. So either learn programming and do it yourself, or give up hope of it ever being made. And that's the last I will say on this.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
  17. Type Cast Exception

Find a quality video game on the market now. Find the credits. Notice that there's usually 50-100 people involved and the development time is often 6months-2 years. One reason they cost $50 is it takes a budget of millions to make them. The credits for BioShock run five pages in the manual. Modern full feature games are not something hobbyists do in their spare time.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  19. No Profile Picture

I already told.. its nothing big.. I mean its not big project.. and Im just searching for those programmers who don't have any idea!!

All would be good.. I could learn those codes.. but I have no idea how can I make game only from notpad.. that why Im searching man who can do it!!
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, but why would someone who has the knowledge to make a game, suddenly stop and use a random internet person's idea? Let me give you another analogy. It's like playing with legos. Except you don't build what you want to build. You build what someone else tells you to do. There's no fun in that.

23. No Profile Picture

I understand all your thought about explane me why would no one make it.. but ..

ok than lets start from other side..

To make game need notepad and paint..? thats right?
  25. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>

To make game need know syntax. Not know syntax nothing understand you.

Comments on this post

• tagmanadvance agrees : So mean, yet hilarious!
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  27. No Profile Picture

Anyway.. please answer on my question ok?
  29. Kage Bunshin
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Ar4a
    Anyway.. please answer on my question ok?
    I am afraid you aren't going to get any help here. You might try looking for an existing project in which you could contribute; this is a great way to get your feat wet.
    "Java makes impossible things possible, but makes easy things difficult." - Somebody
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo