1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Game Coding Questions

Hey guys.
    I'm not fluent in really anything coding wise besides HTML, and I'm a fulltime student for something NOT related to online.
    Anyways, besides the boring stuff I have a few questions.

But here's my information on what I'm wanting to create.
    I've come up with a board-game of sorts... It's more advanced than a chess game, yes this would be a board game.

I was wondering how much (on an average) someone would charge to create this game, have a gaming "lobby" of sorts for the game, and then also... would you be able to expand the gaming lobby into more things? (like chess, etc...)

Anyways. Hope you can get back to me ASAP on this.
    Thanks.
    (I really don't care how it's done, just price range and what's doable...)
  3. Kage Bunshin
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

First off, welcome to the Dev Shed. Second, HTML should never be considered "coding". As far as price, it is going to cost you anywhere from several hundreds to several thousands of dollars to create what you want depending on the quality you want. A good looking gui takes a lot of time to produce. The board game itself takes no time at all to program, because the logic is so strait forward. In fact chess has been done in just about every language there is, so finding existing source is relatively easy.
    "Java makes impossible things possible, but makes easy things difficult." - Somebody
  5. Crushing a million faces
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by HaZal2d0uS
    I was wondering how much (on an average) someone would charge to create this game
    On the lower end, no less than $13 per hour per programmer.
    Baby soft, because its made from real babies.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo