Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by tickled_pink
    No, C++ doesn't need direct knowledge of the hardware ... not anymore. That's why you use libraries like DirectX or some of the engines built on top of DirectX and OpenGL. They hide the hardware from you so all you have to concentrate on is the coding.
    yeah, yeah - i said about it and want to add: problems with developing depend on result what you wait. 3d game, with huge amount objects + textures + AI, needs high - level programming. assembly lang will do project very hard and same developing can't be less difficult than via c++.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Alg0Z-z
    yeah, yeah - i said about it and want to add: problems with developing depend on result what you wait. 3d game, with huge amount objects + textures + AI, needs high - level programming. assembly lang will do project very hard and same developing can't be less difficult than via c++.
    When I was doing assembly language the hardware was relatively simple. You would NEVER use assembly language on today's PCs unless the job absolutely required it, you're writing a command-line tool that needs a bit of extra speed ... or you're a masochist!

I was talking about the ease of learning a particular language. Assembly language on some older systems (and probably some of the newer ones like the ARM-based Nintendo DS) is easier IMO than C++. But I would never try 8x86 Assembly on a PC personally. I'll stick to high-level languages on the over-complicated behemoth I'm typing this on.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo