1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post New in Game Development

Hi i am new in game development.i want to development a game in my software Enginnering course.i wants to make a fighting game with full of graphics.i have done projects in c,c++,c#, java and VB. Can you tell me what is the best language in which i can make a good game in a short time of 1 month.and else what i can make if fighting game is not a good idea?
    Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I hope you are good with graphics, 3d modeling, and manipulating 3d models with object oriented languages? however for game development i typically encourage people to avoid any interpreted languages(high level) due to lack of optimization and decreased performance which rules out all .NET Languages such as C#, C++.NET, VB.NET. Use native C, C++, or Java. I preffer using C++ and ADA for game development.

Originally Posted by Maha Fareed
    Hi i am new in game development.i want to development a game in my software Enginnering course.i wants to make a fighting game with full of graphics.i have done projects in c,c++,c#, java and VB. Can you tell me what is the best language in which i can make a good game in a short time of 1 month.and else what i can make if fighting game is not a good idea?
    Thanks
  5. No Profile Picture

If you're making a fighting game getting the right balance is essential. Don't want one or two overpowered characters. Any games you're modeling your game on? On the development side, I made a board about 2D and 3D game development for mobile. Depending on your platform it might help you out. http:// www.verious .com/board/AKumar/java-2d-3d-game-development-for-android/ (can't post links yet, sorry) Hope this helps.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello.

Originally Posted by Maha Fareed
    Thanks
    If you've worked with C#, you should already have heard about the XNA framework from colleagues.

Don't focus on a specific genre of game. I cannot stress this enough. Learn and focus on the concepts of creating a game.

There exist a plethora of XNA Framework tutorials across the googlewebs. XNA will allow you to have a game made within 5 minutes, even less if you shamefully just copy and paste from example code.
  9. No Profile Picture

Or if you're looking for inspiration in 2D sprite based graphics I'd check out Street Fighter 3rd Strike and King of Fighters 13. Guilty Gear games are visually striking as well.
  11. No Profile Picture

Beginners books for game development

Hello everyone, can anyone recommand me good beginner game development books, and programming language to start with? I study Computer Sciences (first year), i have good math knowledge and i programmed in pascal and delphy (in high school) and C, but just basic stuff.. I want to start learning game development by myself so i would appreciate your advices..
  13. No Profile Picture

C++ is the best programming language for developing high graphics games.
  15. No Profile Picture

IPhone gaming has exploded in popularity, with new action, strategy, and puzzle games on the App Store daily. more than 650,000 iPhone and iPad apps available. Game Developer
    Have a glance in omate.com.au/android_iphone_game_developer
  17. No Profile Picture

Room 801, Building A, Ying Da Li Tech Digital Park, Fu Tian free trade zone, Shenzhen, china
    1 month is really a short time! I suggest choose the language you are most familiar with.
  19. No Profile Picture

If you seriously learn game development language than i would suggest Android is best language for game development. I 'm also learning Android Apps Development course at Satisnet Technologies.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

our Idea is very nice and Fighting game is also nice thought.

i am also love fighting game.

you should make game in android.
  23. No Profile Picture

Android Game Development

Totally agree with you but as other said like you should have enough knowledge about the other required languages,graphic design,3d etc.. and also this idea is very good and just have some research about this type of game on web and prefer their source code so you get directly ideas from this type of tutorial site .

I m giving you one site address this is totally game software site
    "pygame"
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Get a gaming engine like unreal engines or unity3d for gaming aspect.

Get Visual Studios to program the scripts in c#

Get Google's Sketch UP to make 3D modeling.

Make sure you know Vectors

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo