Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Game Play Thread

What do you like in gameplay? (any type of games)
    What do you dislike?
    Any specific type of gameplay you've always wanted that is missing in todays games?
  3. No Profile Picture
    rebel with a cause
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Any specific type of gameplay you've always wanted that is missing in todays games?
    real AI conversations with NPCs the tech for it is there it just dosn't have any mainstream implementation
    Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.
  5. No Profile Picture
    what do I know about diamonds?
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by crownjewel82
    real AI conversations with NPCs the tech for it is there it just dosn't have any mainstream implementation
    that would be pretty cool. the pick one of 4 things to say and get 4 planned out answers thing is getting a little old.

i think it would take a huge amount of work to get something resembling real conversation working though.

7. No Profile Picture
    rebel with a cause

Not really. Building a base AI using something like AIML doesn't require too much effort.
  9. Psycho Canadian

Ya that'd be cool to see, I'd like to see it in RPGs (like Neverwinter Nights) that'd really make a huge difference in game play.

RPGs hack and slash:
    I like games like Neverwinter Nights, Oblivon 4. I play them mostly like hack and slash games though, I'd like to see another Diabllo 2 come out. (Dungeon seigh tried but failed) I still play D2 because there is nothing better.

RTS:
    Stop making them all 3D 2D is fine, I almost prefer starcraft over some of these newer 3D games.
    Don't get me wrong 3D CAN work and should be in the game partly, but I find a game much more fun if I can play it rather then look at it. I'd rather more go into the game play then the graphics.

FPS:
    I don't like FPS much, but from the ones I do play I much prefer acutally guns then tanks/planes. Concentrate on good game play rather then graphics also.

Browser based:
    Umm no lag please (not talking about flash or those types, but acutally games that you change pages etc...)

Comments on this post

• pumpkin head agrees : diablo 2 is awsome still
    • lw22 agrees : d2... word
  11. No Profile Picture
    rebel with a cause

RPGs hack and slash:
    What like KOTOR?
  13. Psycho Canadian

Originally Posted by crownjewel82
    What like KOTOR?
    That tried and failed IMO, I played it but never finished because it was so dull boring and repeats.
  15. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Code:
    $acro=acronym_unescape('KOTOR');
    print $acro;
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  17. No Profile Picture
    rebel with a cause

Knights of the Old Republic

I liked it. Especially the way the fights handled.
  19. (retired)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

@ <-- nethack makes diablo look like play school, get the SLASH'EM (Super Lots-of Added Stuff Hack, with Extended Magic ) modification if you want pretty pictures.

Sacred was a fairly good Diablo ripoff.

I really miss old adventure games - this brought some old memories back.

Comments on this post

• displeaser agrees : nethack & slahem... Golden oldies.
  21. Psycho Canadian

I'd like to see more games with a greater replayablity, not just once or twice though, but being able to go through 20 times and each time being at least 70% unique.
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Viper_SB
    I'd like to see more games with a greater replayablity, not just once or twice though, but being able to go through 20 times and each time being at least 70% unique.
    that would make a game worth buying. of course it would probably be very expensive to.

25. Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I loved the flyby conversations from freelancer. Of course they are random and after a while a bit repetetive but still they make the universe so much bigger. And the controls are an important factor too. Freelancer had really good ones, Diablo 1 imo had not so good ones (cannot abort a move which i was acustomed to from D2).

Not being able to flip keys sucks. Especially if 'Z' is an important key because is not at the same place on our keyboards.
    - Hugh of Borg

The first thing young borg are taught: Keep away from Microsoft software!
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Hugh of Borg
    I loved the flyby conversations from freelancer. Of course they are random and after a while a bit repetetive but still they make the universe so much bigger. And the controls are an important factor too. Freelancer had really good ones, Diablo 1 imo had not so good ones (cannot abort a move which i was acustomed to from D2).

Not being able to flip keys sucks. Especially if 'Z' is an important key because is not at the same place on our keyboards.
    good points!! freelancer controls are fantastic. the only thing that's missing is the ability to straif (not sure if that is the right spelling) up and down. u can go side to side. but it would be awsome if you could go straight up and down.

diablo 2's controls are defanatly better then diablo 1's espeicially being able to press alt to see what is laying on the ground. that was one of my favorite new features. all games should have that.

29. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I like gameplay to be story based. I like having a certain emotional reason to perform tasks.

I also really like humour in my games. A few good jokes will really sell a game to me.

I dislike emphasis on wonderful technology over gameplay. If it isn't fun then I don't really care how much effort went into the physics engine or how realistic it is. I like having cars skid wildly, xplosions large and characters able to run and jump at superhuman speeds and distances

Regarding the conversation AI, there was a game made for research called Facade, which can be downloaded from http://www.interactivestory.net/

It's an interesting idea, and well worth checking out. Basically you talk to a couple who's marriage is on shaky ground. Their emotion and conversation etc. is controlled by AI.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo