1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question [HELP] 3d Max rendering for 2.5 game

Hey there guys.
    Me and two friends are deving this 2.5 game, me being in charged with modeling. I have ran into a bit of a pickle and I am wondering if any of you can help.

Ok so, I have modeled the 3d chars, made walking animation and rendered them for 4 directions. What I want to do now is to dress them up, but i am unsure of a thing: as I want them to be paperdolled in the game client, it means that I need to model armor pieces, attach to current animation, hide the body model and render them BUT when I do this, I get the whole armor piece, not only the visible part..

Any idea how I could go around this without having to manually delete in photoshop the parts that should be normally hidden by the body?

Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture

in the rendering settings this is a option to not render hidden parts. the only items that will render are the front objects that you will see with the eye. any items behind that will not render. how that helps been a while since i used 3ds max.
  5. No Profile Picture

in the rendering settings this is a option to not render hidden parts. the only items that will render are the front objects that you will see with the eye. any items behind that will not render. how that helps been a while since i used 3ds max.
  7. No Profile Picture

Unhappy

Nope; that option is already unchecked by default. If you check it, it will just render the objects that you have made invisible (with the hide option).

Here is an example of what I want, maybe someone can help..
    Unfortunately, I can not upload screenshots, it seems, so I'll have to describe it:

- woman model, bald and same woman model with hair.

The idea is to have her bald and have the player choose the hairstyle (paperdolling). The problem is that if I try to render the hair without the body it will look full, it is rendered whole, displaying even the parts that should not be visible (in this case, the hairstyle is a ponytail).

And it shouldn't! because the hair layer will be put OVER the body layer, and from what you can see in the hair picture, the parts that are hidden by the shoulder and arm, are in fact visible.

Help? Anyone?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo