1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with a game?

Hello,

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, if its not sorry..

Im createing a design for a web-based game (just text based to start maby create a more 3D world later down the track)

it will be similar to Legend Of The Green Dragon (which is a take off from LORD (Legend Of The Red Dragon) (similar as in the texted based)

any way im makeing a game design like this, and was woundering if there is any one who could help me with this.. (ideas for the game, ideas for graphics (will have graphics for each area.. so like different parts of town will have different graphics ect) ideas on how to get the game started ect)

If any one can help in anyway it would be much appreciated.. (you can contact me on here or email me at info@esmclan.com)

Thank you
  3. Periodically energetic Perler
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi,

best place in the shed to post this question. Have a look at the Roguelike Development site. Your starting the right way (IMHO). Start easy, dont make anything too complex(control the urge to add everthing with the first cycle), add things by steps as you learn the language your programming in and as the application develops. You didnt mention if you planned on an online game or game someone downloads. I'm sure someone will help you & I will throw a few ideas your way if nothing else(if thats any good )

Displeaser
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hey,

Thanx ill check the link now.

Its going to be web based (you goto a website and login ect) yeah.. i have a lot of stuff i want to add in right away but iv split it into groups.. so the needed stuff thats needed first will be put in (so like the option to be mayor will be in first and weps ect) but then later the other not so important things will be put in.. (so wanna do it all in one big rush :P)

it will be dont in php / html running from a mysql database to hold all the information.

i have some of the information all worked out (i have to go over it all as its a verey old idea i had and want to re-write some of the ideas)

and yeah any ideas / suggestions are welcome (pm me and ill give you a link to where im posting my game design ect)

thanx again

Originally Posted by displeaser
    Hi,

best place in the shed to post this question. Have a look at the Roguelike Development site. Your starting the right way (IMHO). Start easy, dont make anything too complex(control the urge to add everthing with the first cycle), add things by steps as you learn the language your programming in and as the application develops. You didnt mention if you planned on an online game or game someone downloads. I'm sure someone will help you & I will throw a few ideas your way if nothing else(if thats any good )

Displeaser
  7. Periodically energetic Perler
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Will Pm you in the next couple of days.

D
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo