Thread: Just an idea

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Just an idea

Hello everyone.

I'm an 18 year old guy, and though I've only joined today, I was wondering if you guys could help me with something, since you've been very capable of doing so the time I've lurked.

I was watching a gameplay vid of DayZ today, and an idea hit me: What if I could create a game like it, but without the flaws. And there are a lot of them. I do not program any language yet, and therein lies my first question:

If I were to create an FPS PvP and PvE MMORPG, what language should I learn?

I realise that it is a major task, and yes, I've read the sticky (multiple times).
    I know I wouldn't be able to do it alone, but I'm not at the point where I'll start a group already.
    Another question:

Do you know of any games that I could play while learning and creating that fits the theme of PvE (maybe even PvP) zombie MMORPG?

Lastly: I'm only sketching it, but it will be a survival that lets you keep your character. Die: create a new one.
    I don't know if there should be a level system, and I'm not comfortable with making a need-system so soon (like food, water etc.).
    Bottom line is:

Do you have any ideas for the game?
    Not technical ones, but basically design, systems etc. that i could consider while working my way up to being able to create this game.

Thanks for your time. Got issues, questions or something else, just leave a post.
  3. No Profile Picture

Before you build alone a better version of a game that took years to build, several hundreds of profesonals, and couple million dollers, I suggest you start off small.

It took me a whole year to create a simple 3D game of air hockey, without counting the years of learning before that.
    Take a simple language, say Visual Basic, and start with the basics and work your way up.

Good luck
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

the programming languages this would be possible in are python C# C++ java essembly and whatever other language I can't think of right now
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks guys. All your input will be put to use

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo