July 17th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Not too bad. Here's a few critiques.
- I strongly dislike popup boxes. Can't you just use textfield input?
- The popup box with the score is... bleh. "gimp your game is Over, you scored: 392". The text can take a bit of cleaning up, don't you think? It's a little thing but it bothers me. Same with the text on the bottom: "If the game didnt load you need to download Java, Click here."
- The fact that you can't click between circles. I want to select some circles, I don't want to click exactly on the circle. I'd make the processing rectangular - similar circles form rectangular forms. Click anywhere in the rectangle and it highlights. You have the outline when you click rectangular, so it can't be too hard.
- Those circles... bleh. I like my circles to not show jagged edges.
- The bar up top. It has a nice gradient on one half and just gray on the other. And the two halves are slightly (1-2 pixels) mismatched.
It's not bad though. Wouldn't spend my spare time playing it but also don't dislike it.
The last bit of advice: I hope you're doing this only as a learning project, or you're already getting something (money from ads?) out of it. If not, don't hope to - this game has been done time and time again before, and a bit better (no offense), so you have nothing new with which to attract people.
Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
“Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
-Partial Credit: Sun
If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
Last edited by gimp : July 17th, 2007 at 03:43 PM.