1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Best language to code my game

Hi friends..! Need little help here to choose a language to code my 2nd year project assignment. We are given to develop a 'Tank game' which will ultimately play over a network. maximum four players can join the game, there is a server application runnig on a server machine and each player need to connect to that server. Our assignment is to develop the player application. So each of our batch mates have to develop a player applicatioin which is intelligent and should be able to take decisions(e.g- turn, shoot , move) in order to win over other players. So my requirements for the language are

should support AI algorithms
    GUI creation
    network communication

I have quite a knowladge of Java and C. But I thought it could be easier if I can use a language which design to work with AI programming, but I don't know whether they will meet my other requirements. I'm kind of a quick learner so I can manage to learn a new language and work with it. So if you can suggest me some ideas it will be very helpful. And any ideas on this assignment, or how I should start it etc. are welcome. thank you very much...!!!

P.S - If my description doesn't make sense. please ask me I'll explain ot again, because I really want to win this game.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

nearly any programming language can do this, it will just be easier in some then others for example java is really easy to work with and you can make some awesome stuff with it like Mince-craft while C is harder to work with but gives you absolute control over what's going on in the program

so its your choice

Comments on this post

• Sudheera agrees : from sudheera for : http://forums.devshed.com/showpost.php?p=2829103&postcount=2
  5. Contributing User

I agree, while you can afford to use Java easily, C could be a little bit harder but allows you to control every single aspect.

I preffer C

Comments on this post

• Sudheera agrees : from sudheera for : http://forums.devshed.com/showpost.php?p=2829103&postcount=3
  7. No Profile Picture

thank you..!! I'll go with java then :-)
  9. No Profile Picture

One last question, If I use something like Prolog do you think I'd get any advantage.
  11. No Profile Picture

I like java langauge for game devlopment , while you can afford to use Java easily, C could be a little bit harder but allows you to control every single aspect.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo