1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Where did you learn?

Simple post really, Just wondering where everyone learnt what they know today about game dev,

If it's a website (Self Teach) please post URL, maybe this will help other people?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well i was 11 years old when i learned my first programming language(FORTRAN) and followed fortran into BASIC,QB, and VB languages then learned some lower-level languages like C++, ASM, and ADA.

Then really learned game development on my own by downloading a simple engine reading the code and learning how object oriented programming languages can be used to manipulate 3d rendered graphics.

Originally Posted by CheekyTrooper
    Simple post really, Just wondering where everyone learnt what they know today about game dev,

If it's a website (Self Teach) please post URL, maybe this will help other people?
  5. No Profile Picture

I taught myself coding when I discovered auto bots for Runescape about 7 years ago. Taught myself everything about that and when I got bored, went on to learning how to program real things.

I have just finished a Bachelor of Games Programming and while the information I learnt was nothing short of things I could have googled myself, It did give me industry contacts and friends who do the things I cannot like graphics and sound.

I am currently working on my own indie game to release.
    The best advice I can give anyone about learning is, decide on a project you really want to make and you'll find ways to learn everything you can to get it done.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo