1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mentor For High School Senior Project

I'm not sure if this is the best place to be asking this and I know it is not the best manner, but I am trying to find a mentor for my high school senior project. The project is to create a portfolio for a future career. I will have to write a research paper on the question "How have video games evolved over the years?" and I have decided to create a multiplayer map for either a First Person Shooter or a Third Person Shooter. The game genre for the map may be subject to change because I was relatively vague with my project statement.

The mentor for the project has to be someone that is 21 years of age or older and has to have some experience in some aspect of creating some sort of multiplayer map. This can be anywhere from the actual design to modeling to texturing. This forum seems to be heavily focused on programming and a programmer would also qualify. The reason I can have someone that isn't just a level designer is because my teacher does not know much about computers, let alone game development. Since I'm extremely desperate to get a mentor so my project doesn't have to change to something I will absolutely hate doing, I am willing to take anyone that meets the most minimum of requirements.

The only work required of a mentor would be reviewing my research paper twice by filling out two grading sheets (I have copies of them already and I can upload them to the internet whenever), signing a few papers to say that you won't terminate communications with me, and answer questions I may have (I probably won't have too many).

I have experience in Blender and know how to use Unity 3D. I don't know that I will get the map to be low poly enough to be in a game engine, because my experience is in high poly modeling. As of right now I am working on the preliminary designs for the map on paper. Also the portfolio is due February 22nd.

I apologize if I posted in the wrong place. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would accept or even give me advice on where I could go about finding a mentor. If you are willing to accept just let me know here or pm me.

Thanks for your time.

-Shane
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Anyone who accepts will not have to help me with the map design at all if they do not wish to do so. The only thing that my mentor will have to do is sign a couple of papers and fill out the forms for my research paper. It will only have to be reviewed twice.

Also, I apologize for begging but given my situation, I am willing to do pretty much anything.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo