1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Online game login system help

hi all
    hopeing this is a post is in proper forum

i run a online text based php script and need to change the login system from a username and password to a Id number system...so far ive goten the game to let you input the player Id number (wich i got from mysql file in my db) and log in but can not figure out how to get my db to email the login id and password to members at sign up instead of the username and password.
    any help or tips,hints would be greatly apreciated as i have wasted $300.00 on 4 diferent coders wich chose to take the $$ and run

thank you
    dave
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

open yours create-and-send-email page, and then replace $row['username'] with $row['id']

cant say much more with no code provided
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

login id system

hey thank you for the reply

im not sure if i got the proper file open but im asumeing that your meaning my signup.php,,here is a piece code that i think you are refering to

// pinoywebdev add s
    //$tab[user] = cln($tab[user]);
    $refcredits = cln($refcredits);
    $id = cln($username);
    $password = cln($password);
    $email = cln($email);
    $first = cln($first);
    $last = cln($last);
    $age = cln($age);
    $messager = cln($messenger);
    $messager_id = cln($messager_id);
    $time = cln($time);
    $REMOTE_ADDR = cln($REMOTE_ADDR);
    $host = cln($host);
    $code = cln($code);
    $referrer = cln($referrer);
    // pinoywebdev add e
    mysql_query("UPDATE $tab[user] SET ref_amount=ref_amount+1, credits=credits+$refcredits WHERE username='$referrer'");
    mysql_query("INSERT INTO $tab[user] (username,password,email,fullname,age,messager,online,ip,host,code,membersince,ref_by) VALUES ('$username','$password','$email','$first $last','$age','$messager: $messager_id','$time','$REMOTE_ADDR','$host','$code','$time','$referrer');");

mail_1("Welcome to $sitename!","\nWelcome to $domain!\n\nYour account information:\n Username: $id\n Password: $password\n Pin: $pin\n\nBefore you can login, you must verify your email address.\n\nTo confirm this email address click on the bottom link, or copy and paste it to your browser.\n$site[location]confirm.php?verify=yes&email=$email&pin=$pin\n\nIf that link doesnt work, go to $site[location], login and enter in this pin:\n\n $pin\n\n-Admin\n","$email");
    mail_2("Welcome to $sitename!","\nWelcome to the $domain!\n\nYour account information:\n Username: $id\n Password: $password\n Pin: $pin\n\nBefore you can login, you must verify your email address.\n\nTo confirm this email address click on the bottom link, or copy and paste it to your browser.\n$site[location]confirm.php?verify=yes&email=$email&pin=$pin&mailver=yes\n\nIf that link doesnt work, go to $site[location], login and enter in this pin:\n\n $pin\n\n-Admin\n","$email");

header("Location: signup.php?step=4&email=$email");

is this the correct place to be makeing changes
    thanks
    dave

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo