Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

If Python is getting a bit easier, or you have some interest in looking at Python, would you be interested in trying to look at some source code?

Or is another language not in your books at the moment?
  3. No Profile Picture

I guess the task... is not what you want.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Python... is one of the programming languages that I don't like and I certainly don't want to learn it. It seems quite easy to me, in fact its too easy to pose any difficulties and pitfalls of the other programming languages, though its easy, its not like a toy, from what I've learnt, I think it can get challenging sometimes and "bad" too. Its whitespace delimited (so structures are not visible and braces are not present which is a big drawback for a Java programmer like me), its minimal but not as in Lisp, frankly I think it limits your creativity, it does not require you to do much of the work, thus you do not think much before writing the code and in this way it helps you to escape the design of your program which is a big problem (and it'll come back to haunt you afterwards in the project), it does the bulk of the work for you thus saving you from the difficulties which can be a problem if you want to switch to another language. These are the few reasons that I don't like Python.

In fact I don't think programming in Python is "fun" as in other languages, and I really hate when people in my project want to switch to Python after facing a difficulty or a challenge in the project. I believe Perl is much more better and well-designed than Python and it should be used since it came before Python so its more evolved language while Python still seems immature and evolving. I'm sure that Python will slowly become one of the best languages of all the time (and I think, it is now) but I don't think its for me.

Sorry for the loong criticism, Btw did you get any developers for your project?
  7. No Profile Picture

I can understand what you've said.

I can't really switch programming languages now.

I have found a developer or two. Not too satisfied right now though.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo