1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Prime Knight - 2D MMORPG

Hello everyone,

I am Jake, CEO of Jarblato Gaming. We are currently developing a new MMORPG thats 2D. Its name is Prime Knight.

To keep up with development, we do Progress Updates every week to show fans what we have been doing for the past week. This is usually done on Sunday.

Our website is http://www.primeknight.net/ and we encourage all to join forums.

We are made with a powerful engine, with plenty of features that can make a MMORPG great. Guilds, Guild Wars, Banking, Player To Player Trading, Experience Parties, Classes, Player vs Player Combat.

Most of those features will be included in Prime Knight. We have been in development since December of 2007, and we hope the 2-man team can make a great game, enjoyed by hundreds.

Our website will be updated regularly with Progress Updates, some news on the game, Screenshots and Videos.

The next part of this post will include some information about the Game, which we call "Special Updates".

Variable System

Skills using Variable System: Hunter, Woodcutting
    Next skill to be converted: Sarract
    Other skills: Fishing, Mining, Smithing

NOTE - I have redone this system, so read over it again!

You have to use a command to get your stats ready.
    Your exp stays the same even if you go over the exp needed for the limit, so you can calculate how much exp you had all time.
    You get 2 exp every resource, when theres different types of resource, each resource will give you a different amount, but thats a huge scripting job, thats worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skills -> Variables -> Success!!!!!!

Hunter & Woodcutting are successfully moved to our new Variable System. The variable system information is here. Read it, then understand Hunter & Woodcutting is converted to that system. All left is Mining, Smithing, Fishing and Sarract(explained in Progress Update #11).

Right now, you get 2 exp every time you get a resource, and you need at least 50 exp to gain to the next level. For now the max level is Level 10, but should change to at least 25 by Progress Update #12, i am planning on doing at least 15 levels, and converting 1 skill to the system.

Yes, i just noticed, that it should be getting harder and harder each level, meaning the exp raises. Well i noticed after i was done the scripting.. >.> Tomorrow i will fix it, and make it raise by like 15. I might also think about using the same exp system as generic leveling(custom experience(experience.ini)).

Current Player to Player Trading System

First, you and the person you are trading with must be standing right next to eachother. Then start with the command /playertrade.

Then the other player must accept it by typing /tradeaccept.

Then a Trading Window will be brought up. With 3 sections. Your inventory, the items you are offering, and the items the other person is offering. At the top is the items the other person is offering, at the bottom-left is the items in your inventory, at the bottom-right is the items you are offering. Theres 4 buttons: Select, Remove, Confirm Trade & Close.

If you hit Select, the item you are highlighting in your inventory will be offered. If you click Remove, the item you are highlighting in the offered items will go back to your inventory. If you click Confirm Trade, you are done with offering items, and when the other player clicks it, the items will be traded. If you click Close you decline the trade, and the trade window closes.

Forum Post: http://primeknight.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=120

Player Housing CURRENT System

This is how the system is set up now. Some of my friends from another game helped me script a fully-functional Player Housing Admin Panel. Well scratch full-functional. It didn't work. So this is what i got so far.

You purchase a house from a House Admin, s/he will show you all different house styles. You pick one, and then you need to pay a fee of about 1,000 coins. This Admin is your Main Admin. With the fee of 1,000 coins s/he can get a map setup for you.

You get a Homer, using it warps you to your house. If you need copies, they will be made, just tell a House Admin, or leave a note for your Main Admin. Your house only has a floor depending on the style you chose. Each style has their own unique Tileset. So currently, theres a SD3 style, RMXP Style, XWD Style, those won't be the names of the styles, i will change it.

You must tell your House Admin what you want, and they will tell you what materials you need to get from them. Theres a book that your House Admin may give to you, or if you ask them they will give it to you. The book shows like how much the different rugs and everything cost, and the materials needed. You can only get things from that book.

House Admin's are very experienced players. They will do everything in your house for you, and thats their purpose. If they have a request they can't fulfill, then they pass it on to any of the Head Administrators(so far Me & Grant).

Sometimes i will act as a House Admin.

----------------------

All information taken from Progress Updates forum on Prime Knight Forums: http://primeknight.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Thank you all,
    Jake
    Jarblato Gaming CEO
  3. No Profile Picture

I have added some information from my forums to the post.
  5. No Profile Picture

screenshots?

screenshots?
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi Jake sounds like you got a great game going on there! I would love to see some screenshots from it. I doing GUI design and game website interface designs, I might be able to help you if you need any grahipc interface. I do both custom designs and templates.

Here is some templates I done that might fit a game like yours:

shop.antonw.com/photoshop-templates/fantasy/medieval/fantasy-template/prod_1.html

shop.antonw.com/photoshop-templates/fantasy/medieval/wrath-template/prod_14.html

/AntonW
    -Interface design for games and game sites-
    GameSiteTemplates.com
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by phishtree
    screenshots?
    Screenshots will be shown in later Progress Updates. For the all Progress Updates from #5 - #11, you can visit the site, and they are accessible from the forums. Progress Updates #1 - #4 are shown at our old site: http://primeknightmmo.webs.com/progressupdates.htm
  11. No Profile Picture

man you need a new web design to :P hehe

/AntonW
    -Interface design for games and game sites-
    GameSiteTemplates.com

Comments on this post

• Thr3ddy disagrees : Stop spamming your junk and do something constructive.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

@ Jake: While I'm not a big fan of MMORPGs, I have to admit that the amount of detail you put in your updates is astounding. I always admire those who can stay on a game related project for more than 2 minutes. Good job documenting, I'll be lurking in the shadows.. watching that is.

@ AntonW: Stop spamming. If you need to sell your stuff or need work, there are alternative forums for doing that. This forums is strictly for Game Development.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo