1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Procedure and cost of making a video game

Hi I am doing research on game developments and there are a few things I would like to find out from the members in this community.

How much would it cost to make a game like Grand theft auto 5 and how much would it cost to make a simpler/less complex game?

What are the procedures that must be followed ?

And what are the resources (artists, programmers e.t.c) that will be required?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Ayanda - Greetings from Altermyth

Hello Ayanda,

Warm introduce, I am Reza from Altermyth - a game and apps studio from Indonesia.

We would like to answer your question in regards of the procedure and cost of the game.

As we coordinate with internal team, the procedure that you have to go through is quiet difficult if you'd like to create similar game like GTA. As we know, GTA have to ask for permission (which is hardly to get it) to FBI, JFK Airport, or china town to minimize misunderstanding and riot related to the game play.

For instance, on drugs transaction scene on JFK Airport, humiliating scene on Chinatown, and so on. The procedure to get the permission is highly difficult but still possible if you are meticulous and possess never give up attitude.

O ya, one more thing, the cost of developing game similar as GTA would be $250,000,000.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Reza Rifai

Altermyth Indonesia, PT
    Mobile: +62 813 6766 2701
    E-mail: reza.rifai@altermyth.com

Visit www Altermyth com today!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo