1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What program for beginners to make games?

i want to develop games. But dont know what program is good for beginners? SOmeown good advice?
  3. No Profile Picture

i would prefer a free program to begin! Or something cheap
  5. No Profile Picture

It really depends on what kind of games you want to make. If it is a RPG, you can use RPG Maker. It has a trial version, but it won't be free though after the trial period is up.

If you know how to program, then you have a huge range to choose from. Making flash game I would think is the easiest.

Regardless of what you choose, expect yourself to find a team to help you with or spending a lot of time to work on it alone.

Right now, I have been working on building my web-based game for a month already. Even though I am building it on a working game engine, it is still very far from what I want and I am still looking for more people to help me in various areas.
  7. No Profile Picture

Use "Sploder"

It is for absolute beginners. Sploder enables users to make their own platforming or shooter game for free.It is based on Flash, users can create their own custom game using a simple drag-and-drop interface.
  9. No Profile Picture

use unity3d.
  11. No Profile Picture

I'd like recommend Peter Gemtree programming tool (it's my creation). It allows easy creation of 2D and 3D games for Windows and is fully Freeware. peter (dot) hostuju (dot) cz (Sorry moderators if the link will be considered as spam.)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo