1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Qestion about online multiplayer turn/text based games

Ok first this is what i want to achieve building...A multiplayer online turn based game very similar to the one i currently run CartelClash. it wont allow me me post the url so all thats missing it the w's and com. Its a turn based text style game. How difficult is it to build and are there any tools you'd recomend that could help me. so you can get an idea of what im looking at doing you can sign on with the user name test and the password test1. Im the owner/operater/admin of the site and Im looking to build another one but I need somewhere toi start from. My buddy is the one who actually built the site but hes been really busy lately but will help me as he has time but i want to start learning what i need to do before then. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Such a program will require a good understanding of Javascript, so I would recommend reading some tutorials and writing a number of test scripts to get a feel for how difficult it will be to create your game.

I mentioned Javascript, because that is the obvious choice, but you could use other languages for this as well, such as Java or Perl. You might want to look at those languages too to see what they have to offer, and pick the one you are most comfortable using.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo