1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation ShinobiRPG - Help

Hello everyone. My name is Justin and I want to create a browser-Based MMORPG. The problem is that it is complicated to code by myself. I need help! Please, if you know PHP, HTML or other languages used in creating websites (mmorpgs) Please reply, or even if you can help point me in the right direction for finding people to help. As the name states it will be a shinobi (ninja) based game.

PS.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong area, I'm new to devshed.
    Last edited by SenseiKai; August 22nd, 2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: icon
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

try here

its a big project and you should start by doing smaller ones first like maybe a messager or forum then try some small games and then get some people to help it takes years to do with huge budgets the most importent thing to do is not give up on it, it is easy to get discouraged i know...

also this may need to be in help wanted

Comments on this post

• SenseiKai agrees : Thanks for helping
  5. No Profile Picture

No one will code for you, unless they get some sort of incentive - and I wouldn't personally like anyone coding for me as it would be difficult to express what you want to a coder. I'd recommend learning PHP, but obviously it takes time; don't expect to learn in "a few days".

You can learn online and a lot of PHP programmers have learnt online, the only two sites you'll need are php.net/documentation and google.com .

I recommend reading articles on PHP first of all, too.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yeah learning PHP isnt a bad idea its not like you learn it and will never use it you can use it all the time like bastones said theres quite a few online tutorials or even go to a local bookstore/libary and see if theres any you like just dont give up
  9. No Profile Picture

heh

I thought that the coder being an admin on the site would be good enough. And I would be coding alongside them, even though I am still learning PHP. I actually have also started learning C++ so I could make a graphical game sometime in the future. Thank you both for the replies and help.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you could maybe find someone to code with you for free, but if there free then they might be new and learning and may not be able to do things quite like you want. unless you know someone who has helped you come up with your idea and knows exactly how you want it it's going to be hard to get it right
  13. No Profile Picture

My friend and I have always thought of a making a mmorpg but we need coders, but he can't code yet. I can, but coding yourself takes probably twice as long. I think I'll just stick to learning C++ for now.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

that's good has he been designing it from the beginning with you? if so and he learns to code as well you your right it would be easier and he knows what you and he both want it to be like, but if you and him have very different coding styles that may become a problem
    Last edited by unclewater; August 24th, 2008 at 04:33 PM.
  17. No Profile Picture

He has been thinking along ideas, but it would take him a while (he is coding impaired...) but I might delete this thread. I'll just make a C++ game as I can make a text based already (c++ is so easy) and I will just make a basic website for people to acess my c++ game downloads. Thanks for your replies.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo