1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Stand alone game feeding server,v.versa!

Can stand alone games, be fed by a server, creating and online game, but you play through desktop but not on browser. If so what programming language do I have to use.

Thank you.
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

you can use the programming language you want, all have theirs pros and cons. you have too look what it is you want, and then see which of the language that can do that task best.

beside it isn't that much clear of what you want to do, so if you can be more specific it would help.
    Last edited by MrFujin; August 25th, 2007 at 12:08 PM.
  5. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I've never heard the phrase 'fed by a server', but I assume you mean something like the plethora of MMORPGs out there. You know, thousands of them?

In other words, no, it's not possible. Computers haven't gotten advanced enough for you to be able to make anything multiplayer that doesn't use your browser.
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sorry, Ill be more frank.

You know how most online games are played through browsers. Well i created a stand alone game using python, (pygame). And I want it to make it multiplayer. So in brief, a game played from the desktop which is MMORG, how would i do this, and wheer do I start, possible with python?
  9. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

you have to read about how networking/sockets programming is done in python.

a small example

then you have to decide if one client is the server/host or if there need to be a stand-alone server all is connecting too.
    Last edited by MrFujin; August 26th, 2007 at 06:23 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo