1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Where to start, and where to go?

I don't know if anyone has posted before me, but I've been searching google and the internet for some information. I know this is a huge question, but I would really appreciate a legitimate answer with a lot of advice.

I'm currently in my second year of my associates degree, and I will be soon transferring to a 4 year school for a BS in Computer Science... I really wanted to get started on game development in my own way. Pretty much a jumpstart? Anyways, I've been taught to a beginner-intermediate level in C++. I understand its' fundamentals, like to do console applications, but I'm trying to find even the beginner steps in game development. And from there onwards.... I want to eventually get to multiplayer FPS games, but I really want to get the basics down now... Any recommendations for where I can learn from fully explained steps instead of just code put out there without explanation?

I know it's a long road, and lots will say 'if you don't know all of that, you shouldn't be going there', but everyone starts somewhere, so I'm looking for those baby steps lol. Even application development and so on. Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

try this http://videotutorialsrock.com/
  5. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Did you look at the sticky posts at the top? There is one post only for references.

lots will say 'if you don't know all of that, you shouldn't be going there', but everyone starts somewhere
    Don't go there.

Well, there are some people who think they just can start at at the end without doing any "baby steps".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo