1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Where Should I Start?

I've had some ideas for some games lately and I was wondering how I could/should make them with very little knowledge about programming(Only basic logic plus a little Java and Python) I am interested in doing an RPG based loosely on D&D or something like that.(I am making a text based proof of concept with python, but I want to go further). Should I spend time on learning a language or is there a short cut I could take? Would it be better to develop the game my job and butcher the code or just pitch my concept and let someone use it?(Sorry if I rambled its my first post)
  3. Contributing User

I think it would be better if you describe:
    - the type of game you want to build;
    - its technical implementation and desired platform (would it be played on web-page? iPhone? or it would be stand-alone application?).
  5. No Profile Picture

ok. like I said before, I rambled. I want to build a single player RPG that emulates some of the experiences of Dungeons and Dragons. I would want it to be a stand alone program eventually, but I would be ok with making it web based at first.

Also After rereading my first post, thanks for replying. It was pretty horrible.
  7. No Profile Picture

Game development .

Hi , I want to know what type of game are more popular in the market . I want to create some new type of game . so would you please suggest me .
    Thanks .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo