1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sword Art Online: PC Game

I am the founder of a indie game company called GreenGrowthGames. I am currently watching a show called Sword Art Online. I know there's a PSP game for it, but no PC game (with the exception of a 2D game called Eternal world). I am planning to make a free fan PC game (to avoid copyright issues with Aniplex). I'm pretty sure it will be made on the Blender 3D Engine, but Unity3D or some other engine would be good to. this post is simply a request for help on making Sword Art Online PC. Can anybody help?
    Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi I have watched the Sword Art Online anime and played Mabinogi which is an anime graphics mmorpg which has a few things in common with SAO. I am interested in contributing to this project. Unfortunately I have no proper experience in game development or design but I am eager to try and gain some experience from this if possible.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lackey
    Hi I have watched the Sword Art Online anime and played Mabinogi which is an anime graphics mmorpg which has a few things in common with SAO. I am interested in contributing to this project. Unfortunately I have no proper experience in game development or design but I am eager to try and gain some experience from this if possible.
    I don't have much experience either , so it's no problem. I currently have 2 other projects going, but sense this is a HUGE project we can discuss it while I'm making my other projects. Thanks for your help!
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SaganH
    I don't have much experience either , so it's no problem. I currently have 2 other projects going, but sense this is a HUGE project we can discuss it while I'm making my other projects. Thanks for your help!
    Okay, looking forward to working with you {^_^}
  9. No Profile Picture

Type?

What type of pc game will it be. Will it be an rpg like pokemon where you can only interact with NPCs or will it be an MMORPG?
  11. No Profile Picture

Single Then MMO

What type of pc game will it be. Will it be an rpg like pokemon where you can only interact with NPCs or will it be an MMORPG?
    Well, me and my co-workers (mainly my friends) have been toying around with the idea of getting a Server Computer, so... maybe it could be Single Player in beta and MMO in full release?
    P.S. I am learning coding but have no proper experience in the coding community, so for now I'll be doing models and sounds
  13. No Profile Picture

Sounds good but I guess you will keep thinking about this when we start.
  15. No Profile Picture

Post Thanks & Updates!

Sounds good but I guess you will keep thinking about this when we start.
    First I'd like to thank you for helping and say some updates:
    1. I've stopped all but 1 project to work on this! Hopefully that should speed up the process!
    2. Next I've started to go more in-depth in coding. Soon I'll hopefully be able to start simple AI.
    3. The models and sound are going behind schedule but I should get working soon!
    Last edited by SaganH; July 5th, 2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Bad Grammer
  17. No Profile Picture

First I'd like to thank you for helping and say some updates:
    1. I've stopped all but 1 project to work on this! Hopefully that should speed up the process!
    2. Next I've started to go more in-depth in coding. Soon I'll hopefully be able to start simple AI.
    3. The models and sound are going behind schedule but I should get working soon!
    That's great! can't wait to start helping
  19. No Profile Picture

Post Here!

That's great! can't wait to start helping
    youtube.com/watch?v=GJkOWciH_4s
    I know I seem young but please... I am older then I appear and my tooth... long story but it involves lots of surgery and pain. PLUS: I really am looking forward to making this game.
    Last edited by SaganH; July 8th, 2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: bad grammer
  21. No Profile Picture

Is this typical for an algo change to drop right out?
  23. No Profile Picture

Post I have a test demo!

youtube.com/watch?v=GJkOWciH_4s
    I know I seem young but please... I am older then I appear and my tooth... long story but it involves lots of surgery and pain. PLUS: I really am looking forward to making this game.
    Here is my test demo I put together: youtube.com/watch?v=KaCTQjAI7Qs I'm still working on it but this is what I have so far.
    PS When in gameplay mode the sound is glitched. not sure why.
    Also I was wondering what experience you have and what you'll be working on... Thanks!
    Last edited by SaganH; July 10th, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Forgot something
  25. No Profile Picture

Need help on concept?

Hi,

i also watched the series and it was pretty amazing as well as the concept (atleast on the first world). i have no game dev experience but i really want to help creating this game as i am sure a lot would like. i can probably help with the game concept. or atleast be a tester with your progress, provide feedback that might be of use.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo