1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question [UNITY] Creating a Survival Horror game ; Looking for partners.

I'm forming a small, independent (and at this stage, amateur) game design team by the name of Dead Velvet.
    I'm currently working on a Survival Horror game, it's an untitled project at this stage. I don't want to dive too deep into the creation of a project without other people on the same page as me who want to create it with me.

So far the main idea is that you start off in a Slender inspired forest, and see small apparitions of ghostly figures as you have to follow clues to make your way to a mansion gate. You enter the mansion, and the horror begins.
    You are an English actor named Pier, who finds a letter in his closet after the disappearance of his wife, Elaine, addressed to her. Immediately assuming she is having an affair, after the odd letter with no detail, he endeavours into the address attached to find nothing but a forest. In the distance is the tip of a mansion with smoke coming out of it.
    He gets out of his car, and adventures into the forest, about to confront his wife and the man she is cheating on him with.

That's the story, simplified.

Gameplay elements will be similar to that of Slender or Amnesia. I don't want to create a completely isolated game, the aim is not to scare the **** out of everyone who touches to the point that they can't play anymore. The main point that I want to emphasize about this game is the atmosphere. I don't want any scary faces popping out, I want few encounters of enemies creeping up behind you. The scares should be frequent and subtle. Dark figures walking through corridors. Entering into one room, progressing to the next, and when you re-enter the previous finding the furniture in completely different states. The progressive scariness should not be defined by the more frequent encounter of cheap scares that fourteen year olds will cry over and immediately call it the scariest game ever. I want something that can be truly appreciated. Consider it a form of art that you progress through.

Having said that, that's my general direction. Obviously I want a team, and that means not everything is going to go the way that I would rather have it. The game needs a unique feel, coming from all directions. As long as we maintain a similar goal, and don't stray too far from the end product I think that this can turn out well.

These are the things I am not willing to part with, if you want to be a part of this project on Dead Velvet.
    • Cheap scares, the game will not be about **** popping out around the corner every few moments.
    • Scary atmosphere, this is a Survival Horror game, not a replication of Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
    • Ghosts, I don't want zombies, soldiers, pizza boys. If we're going to have other enemies, physical aspects is not what I'm looking for. Demons or gods maybe, but nothing physical.
    • It starts in a forest and progresses to a mansion. The current work cannot be trashed.

Everything that is in the game so far is my work. I am very new to Unity, however I pick up on things extremely quickly. I need a team that is willing to work with me, and allow me to learn from them and talk to me about parts of the project rather than closing up.

I am looking for the following talents:
    • 3D Model Design
    • 3D Animation
    • Java / C# scripting
    • Unity Extpertise
    • Music Composition and Sound Engineering
    • Scriptwriting
    • Alpha / Beta Testing Skills
    • Photoshop Design

I'm not asking you to be magnificent at it, or have a vast and ever-expanding wonder hole inside your head that explodes with rainbows and creative ideas every time you load up a system. Just the motivation and ability to work within a team.

Please send me a PM with a description about yourself and your talents, and I will be eager to reply with a position that you can have in this team to create a unique and scary survival horror game. Thanks very much!

The following images will be of my progress on the work, and finally a link to the Alpha stage of what I have created thus far.

Please PM or email me for a link to the Alpha.
    Unfortunately because I'm a new user on here, I couldn't post screenshots.

Even feedback on the Alpha is appreciated, if you want to email me or reply directly to this thread. Either is fine. However all applications must be emailed to me.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi there, I'd like to talk to you, I did not see your email here, this forum also will not let me PM you at all, it says my account is not active which it is, anyways.

If you want to talk Pm me since I can't Pm you nor can we use our emails here.
    divided-allegiance forum is best way to find me as Recon I can't post the Url but do a search For that gaming community.
  5. No Profile Picture

you need to have a post count of at least 10 to send PM's if im not mistaken.
  7. No Profile Picture

Composer/Sound Designer Available

Your game sounds awesome and I'd love to offer my services as your composer and sound designer. I studied video game scoring at Berklee College of Music and have worked on films and video games with a similar feel. I wanted to send you a link to my work, but was barred from PMing as well. Let me know if you'd like to hear and we'll figure it out!

~Seth

Originally Posted by h3xx3
    I'm forming a small, independent (and at this stage, amateur) game design team by the name of Dead Velvet.
    I'm currently working on a Survival Horror game, it's an untitled project at this stage. I don't want to dive too deep into the creation of a project without other people on the same page as me who want to create it with me.

So far the main idea is that you start off in a Slender inspired forest, and see small apparitions of ghostly figures as you have to follow clues to make your way to a mansion gate. You enter the mansion, and the horror begins.
    You are an English actor named Pier, who finds a letter in his closet after the disappearance of his wife, Elaine, addressed to her. Immediately assuming she is having an affair, after the odd letter with no detail, he endeavours into the address attached to find nothing but a forest. In the distance is the tip of a mansion with smoke coming out of it.
    He gets out of his car, and adventures into the forest, about to confront his wife and the man she is cheating on him with.

That's the story, simplified.

Gameplay elements will be similar to that of Slender or Amnesia. I don't want to create a completely isolated game, the aim is not to scare the **** out of everyone who touches to the point that they can't play anymore. The main point that I want to emphasize about this game is the atmosphere. I don't want any scary faces popping out, I want few encounters of enemies creeping up behind you. The scares should be frequent and subtle. Dark figures walking through corridors. Entering into one room, progressing to the next, and when you re-enter the previous finding the furniture in completely different states. The progressive scariness should not be defined by the more frequent encounter of cheap scares that fourteen year olds will cry over and immediately call it the scariest game ever. I want something that can be truly appreciated. Consider it a form of art that you progress through.

Having said that, that's my general direction. Obviously I want a team, and that means not everything is going to go the way that I would rather have it. The game needs a unique feel, coming from all directions. As long as we maintain a similar goal, and don't stray too far from the end product I think that this can turn out well.

These are the things I am not willing to part with, if you want to be a part of this project on Dead Velvet.
    • Cheap scares, the game will not be about **** popping out around the corner every few moments.
    • Scary atmosphere, this is a Survival Horror game, not a replication of Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
    • Ghosts, I don't want zombies, soldiers, pizza boys. If we're going to have other enemies, physical aspects is not what I'm looking for. Demons or gods maybe, but nothing physical.
    • It starts in a forest and progresses to a mansion. The current work cannot be trashed.

Everything that is in the game so far is my work. I am very new to Unity, however I pick up on things extremely quickly. I need a team that is willing to work with me, and allow me to learn from them and talk to me about parts of the project rather than closing up.

I am looking for the following talents:
    • 3D Model Design
    • 3D Animation
    • Java / C# scripting
    • Unity Extpertise
    • Music Composition and Sound Engineering
    • Scriptwriting
    • Alpha / Beta Testing Skills
    • Photoshop Design

I'm not asking you to be magnificent at it, or have a vast and ever-expanding wonder hole inside your head that explodes with rainbows and creative ideas every time you load up a system. Just the motivation and ability to work within a team.

Please send me a PM with a description about yourself and your talents, and I will be eager to reply with a position that you can have in this team to create a unique and scary survival horror game. Thanks very much!

The following images will be of my progress on the work, and finally a link to the Alpha stage of what I have created thus far.

Please PM or email me for a link to the Alpha.
    Unfortunately because I'm a new user on here, I couldn't post screenshots.

Even feedback on the Alpha is appreciated, if you want to email me or reply directly to this thread. Either is fine. However all applications must be emailed to me.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!
  9. No Profile Picture

Photoshop Expert / Script Writer Available

I am a fulltime graphic designer (7+ years) who has recently become interested in working on video games. This sounds like a project that is right up my alley. I wanted to create a 1st person horror game, but I don't have the knowledge to go about it by myself.

I would love to talk to you more about details on this project and possibly work with you to make a truly scary game. If you're interested, please email me. I don't frequent this forum.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi, are you still looking for team members? I'd like to offer help in composing the music for your project.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo