Thread: Video game idea

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Video game idea

hello im an avid gamer but on the side i watch anime and i happened to watch a very interesting anime recently named ''baka and test'' an anime where students in a school all have avatars in which they can summon to battle one another, the power of your avatar is determined by your test scores in school. now i enjoyed this concept and although schools would never apply this to real life i figured if someone great and designing video games would possibly think about creating a system on the internet where people can go and customize an avatar and then take a series of tests on different subjects to determine there power levels, now of course this would probably not be realistic to start with being as there are many problems with making this an online game, one being that people have access to the internet in order to look up answers, but if more thought was put into it, maybe the idea could grow, like maybe making it a timed test where you give them enough time to think of an answer but not enough time to search for it on the web, or creating a program to not allow them to have multiple windows open during the test. just a thought but i figured the idea was cool and thought that if someone was capable of creating this that they should look into it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Maybe you can post this again, but this time in a readable form?
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up video games

I agree with TomasRiker and my advise is you are creating the game from new technology on android.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello, I'm an avid gamer. But on the side I watch anime and I happened to watch a very interesting anime recently named ''baka and test''.

''baka and test'' is An anime series where students in a school all have avatars, in which they can summon to battle one another. The power of your avatar is determined by your test scores in school.

Now, I enjoyed this concept and although schools would never apply this to real life, I figured if someone with good programming and designing skills in the field of games design/creation would consider the possibility of creating a game based off this concept.

I think if it was made as a game available on the internet (browser based mmorpg), where people can customize an avatar and then take a series of tests on different subjects to determine there power levels.

Now of course this would probably not be realistic to start with, as there are many problems with making this an online game.

One, being that people have access to the internet, which means they can look up answers, but if more thought was put into it, maybe the idea could grow.

For example, if making it a timed test or creating a program to not allow them to have multiple windows open during the test(probably not the best idea).

Just a thought, but I figured the idea was cool and thought that if someone was capable of creating this that they should look into it.
    I thought I would add some grammar to the post.

Sounds like an alright idea, any input on the rewards of winning fights with their avatars?

Maybe brainstorm a little, to try and complete this idea.

Also, why these guys aren't gods in game design, some of their ideas are beneficial to brainstorming and sharing your ideas. Check out:
    here

here

here
  9. No Profile Picture

grammar isn't that bad guys, if you try reading it seriously the guy got some some really good idea. its not impossible to do that, well all you need to do is to find a good programmer.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hey, Rahhai. Your idea sounds really interesting. In term of implementation though, it does seem that it can go in more than one direction as many have already mentioned.

Anyhow, if I were to implement your idea though, I would probably embed the idea on my forum using pet system instead of avatar. The battle will be a bit tricky to implement though since it is kind of strange to determine the power based on intelligence level of its owner. I would probably implement a competition instead of a battle where the pet that won the competition will get a valuable item for the user to use. Which pet will win is determined by how much intelligence the pet has learned based on the user.

The problem of implementing this idea I mentioned is that there must be a lot of questions varies in different difficulty and probably in various subjects as well to be practical.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by alb953wri
    I want to build a video game where the villain is more powerful then the hero what should be the 1st step i should take..
    for one don't hijack threads and to do this when making the villains AI so it can actually do things people usually try to limit it so its not impossible to beat it so just don't limit it to much, and also give the villain huge bonus's over the hero

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo