1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ideas for game dev forum

Since this forum is in expansion, i wonder if it would be a good idea to post threads about games we are building, like some kind of dev journal, so that people can see how your game is coming along and provide ideas, beta testing, or help to your game dev...

What do you think people?
  3. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

knock yourself out ... and everyone else.

A better option might be a link to your game dev blog.

Important points would be where you met stumbling blocks, and more importantly how you overcame them, testing strategies, etc etc, so that others could come back to the relevant thread to offer advice

You'll also have to bear in mind that you could be opening your IPR (intellectual property rights) to the world at large, so caution would be advised in that respect, at least until you're sure what you want to do with it.
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yeah the rights are important if you are making a commercial game, but hey, i usually design and never accomplish in the end since its too big or hard, but the idea is open to anyone else if they want to. IMO, if your game is personnal, sharing your ideas with others is ok i think...

I'm actually writing my first DevJournal Post, hope i get replies
  7. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Ya feel free to make a DevJournal type post, I saw your other thread, looks good so far. You can do like Ax suggested also, and just make a thread that links to your blog or whatever, either way will work. Hopefully stuff like this will generate more intrest in game development here.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is awesome! I've been posting at idga's forum (independant game developers assoc.) but they have a smaller community that isn't as active. And sense I love devShed rock n'roll.

Originally Posted by Viper_SB
    Ya feel free to make a DevJournal type post, I saw your other thread, looks good so far. You can do like Ax suggested also, and just make a thread that links to your blog or whatever, either way will work. Hopefully stuff like this will generate more intrest in game development here.
    your advertisement here!
  11. No Profile Picture

need feedback on the new game

hello ,
    we made a little action game called ZoX Universe - Space Arena
    and now we are looking for a good feedback on it.
    And what is the best place for it , then on the
    places like this , where the people who make or want to make
    games come .
    Am i right ?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo