1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Beggining game devolopment

im new to game programming and was wondering if any1 has any ideas of small games i can make or a game creation tutorial i can find in java. ive taken courses on java and have been practicing it for a while but i have no experience in game devolopment and want to know were to start
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Boe soldier
    im new to game programming and was wondering if any1 has any ideas of small games i can make or a game creation tutorial i can find in java. ive taken courses on java and have been practicing it for a while but i have no experience in game devolopment and want to know were to start
    Good games to make are clones of old arcade classics: Pong, Tetris, Pacman, etc.

http://www.gamedev.net/ is a good resource for game centered programming. Your first new thing to learn will most likely be graphics.
  5. Periodically energetic Perler
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Boe soldier
    Hi,

heres a couple of Java game tutorials to get you started:
    Tutorial 1
    Tutorial 2
    Tutorial 3

You may also be interested in this book (theres loads out there so search Amazon if you want a comprehensive list).
    Practical Java Game Programming

Hope this helps.
    Displeaser

Comments on this post

• swattkidd agrees : Nice list, those helped me also =D
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo